SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
- Twin Cities residents turn out to clean scorched streets
- Cuomo signs bill granting death benefits to families of front-line workers
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, Columbus City Council President Hardin pepper-sprayed during protest
- Gov. Cuomo: Whether WNY is ready to move into Phase Two next week depends on data
- Wife of officer charged in George Floyd’s death files for divorce