(WIVB) — Transportation isn’t the only problem parents are facing when it comes to the new school year.
Parents are spending a record amount of money on school supplies, with some families even going into debt to provide for their children.
According to the National Retail Federation, spending on school supplies has jumped 22 percent.
Behind that surge are heavier requirements from schools, inflation, and the fear that some students may shift back to remote education.
- Road work on Niagara Street in Niagara Falls expected to take three months
- Big Game Bound week 2: Edgerrin James discusses Hall of Fame journey
- Newsfeed Now: Authorities continue to search for Gabby Petito; Fire department gives wife visiting husband battling COVID a lift
- Crime Stoppers offering $5,000 for information on E. Delavan shooting
- Barbie introduces 2 new dolls in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month