(WIVB) — The American Red Cross is dealing with an ongoing blood shortage.
Organization leaders say they’ve been running low for three weeks now. Blood supply typically rebounds in the fall, but a surge in COVID-19 cases is contributing to the lowest donor turnout of the year.
Supply is now at a six-year low.
The Red Cross is asking donors of all blood types, especially Type O, to give blood or platelets as soon as possible.
- City of Buffalo launches new grant program for small businesses
- Report: Bills owner Terry Pegula leaves NFL meeting after learning he was exposed to COVID-19 at daughter’s wedding
- Almost a month into strike, Catholic Health considers pulling striking workers health benefits
- A national brand is looking for the “ultimate” Bills fans for a commercial – here’s how to apply
- Cannabis candy? Warnings issued ahead of Halloween