BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Jack O’Donnell, a political insider from O’Donnell & Associates, doesn’t think we’re close to reaching a state budget agreement.
In fact, he says he remembers times when the New York State budget wasn’t finalized until August. There are many factors at play, including bail reform and housing.
Conversations are ongoing, but the budget that was originally due on April 1 still isn’t ready. Since then, the deadline has been extended, and O’Donnell expects it to be extended again this Monday.
Hear why he thinks it’s taking so long in the video.
- Two killed in small plane crash in Orleans County
- Escaped Ohio inmate found dead in the Ohio River
- Tennessee woman goes missing during cross-country trip with boyfriend
- New law will require NY businesses to warn customers about gift card fraud
- Tire flies off race car, hits parked car during Indy 500
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.