ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — A Photoshopped image using Nexstar contributor WROC’s call letters has been circulating online this past weekend that includes false information.
No, you don’t need proof of vaccination to obtain or renew your driver’s license in New York.
This image saying otherwise has been getting shared online in recent days:
We don’t know where the post originated, or why they elected to use WROC’s call letters to appear legitimate, but we do know this information is false, and Gov. Kathy Hochul has not stated that vaccination status has any bearing on consumer operations at the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
We hope that truthful information will get as much attention as Photoshop fakes.
- Niagara Falls woman pleads guilty after 2020 crash kills passenger
- Pig-to-human transplants a step closer after kidney test
- Government’s vax-or-test rule almost ready as nervous businesses wait
- Why the seat you pick on a plane impacts your carbon emissions
- Kirk Ashton, former Hilton principal charged with sex abuse released on bail