ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB) — Governor Kathy Hochul said the expected winter COVID surge is here, but the Omicron variant is not putting New Yorkers in the hospital.
Hochul says the state now has enough data to show while the number of cases has skyrocketed, the severity is not getting worse. At the same time, the governor wants to improve clarity of hospitalizations due to COVID.
The state hopes to launch a National Guard EMT training program to help with hospital staffing shortages.
New on WIVB.com
- Hochul signs bill allowing absentee voting through 2022
- Meet “The Billievers”: The Buffalo Bills’ house band
- In 3-week isolation, unvaccinated athlete waits for Olympics
- Lewiston man’s Bills cave represents family memories rooting for the team
- President Biden touts Intel $20B investment for domestic semiconductor factories