(WIVB) — With rising COVID-19 numbers in New York State, independent pharmacists are now calling on the state for a change.
Jamie Latko, a pharmacist and owner of Niagara Apothecary, says “It ultimately impacts the patient care and it severely impacts independent pharmacies who traditionally perform those extra services. We’ve been called on for extra services to go the extra mile and really fight on the front line during this pandemic. Your community pharmacists has been there every single day.”
The relief package focuses on banning mandatory mail orders, reimbursing guidelines and regulating pharmacy benefit managers. The groups will gather at Niagara Apothecary at 1 p.m.
- Sean McDermott on Josh Allen doubters: “He’s answered all of those questions”
- Homeless camp near SoFi Stadium cleared as Super Bowl draws near
- Where you can get free N95 masks from government program
- Springville man sentenced to two years probation for assaulting teacher, endangering minor
- 2008 vs. 2022 Beijing Olympics: No lofty promises this time