(WIVB) — New York State police say a Trooper died while working in Fulton County on Sunday.
State police say Trooper James Monda, 45, was working on the Great Sacandaga Lake as part of a marine detail. At a boat launch, Monda went into the water, but did not resurface.
He was taken to Nathan Littauer Hospital, where he died.
Monda had been a member of the New York State Police for nearly two decades, joining in September 2002.
- Bills RB Zack Moss returns active roster in a big way vs. Dolphins
- Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- Catholic Health and CWA still at odds over contract negotiations
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito
- Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito; search continues for fiancé