(WIVB) — Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand wants to get more people behind the wheels of school buses.
She’s asking the U.S. Department of Education to let schools use federal money to hire drivers.
Gillibrand says school districts in the Empire State are reporting a 20 percent shortage of drivers.
In Buffalo, Superintendent Dr. Kriner Cash has said the school district is short as many as 150 drivers.
- North Carolina DOT trolls Ohio over license plate mix-up, sets off Twitter debate
- Tonawanda man dead following crash on Main Street overnight
- Buffalo Police investigating shooting death of 22-year-old
- Do I have salmonella poisoning, or is it something else entirely?
- Colorado teen wins chess championship just months after brain surgery