(WIVB) — Senator Chuck Schumer is calling on his colleagues to change our infrastructure.
Right now, two bills passed by the Senate are sitting in the House. One calls to use $3.5 trillion dollars to combat a number of challenges, including climate change.
Schumer says the U.S. needs to build resilient infrastructure to better fend off the next storms.
“Global warming and the havoc it wreaks knows no political boundaries,” Schumer says. “And let us hope the solution knows no political boundaries either, because this is a crisis.”
The House has committed to a vote by September 27 on the separate trillion-dollar, bipartisan physical infrastructure bill.
- India Walton has a new campaign manager
- LIVE: FBI, police swarm Brian Laundrie’s family home to execute search warrant related to Gabby Petito investigation
- Frank Lloyd Wright Martin House celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with “Familia Fun Day”
- ‘She touched the world’: Families release statements after body believed to be Gabby Petito found
- Fire breaks out at West Seneca home, fire officials say house is total loss