BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Top Republicans in New York State are calling for changes to bail reform.
Congressman Lee Zeldin spoke to the media today, calling on state lawmakers to repeal cashless bail. Congressman Zeldin was joined by several prominent GOP leaders, including State Chairman Nick Langworthy, State Senator Patrick Gallivan, Erie County Sheriff Tim Howard and Sheriff-elect John Garcia.
New York’s bail reform laws have been in place since last year.
New on WIVB.com
- Hochul signs bill allowing absentee voting through 2022
- Meet “The Billievers”: The Buffalo Bills’ house band
- In 3-week isolation, unvaccinated athlete waits for Olympics
- Lewiston man’s Bills cave represents family memories rooting for the team
- President Biden touts Intel $20B investment for domestic semiconductor factories