NORTH TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB)–Vaccinations began Tuesday at Northgate Health Care Facility in North Tonawanda.
The vaccine was administered in-house by Pharmacists from Walgreens to all residents who consented and 1/3 of the staff who consented.
Vaccines will be distributed over several days where those who received the first dose will receive their second dose, and another 1/3 of the staff will receive their first dose, with the second dose to follow.
The final 1/3 of the staff will receive their inoculations at a date that is yet to be determined.
Representatives for the McGuire groups say they are fortunate to be among the first to receive the Pfizer-Biontech vaccine designed to protect residents and staff.
Kelly Khatib is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2019. See more of her work here.
- Jamestown man arrested after attempting to run over victim while baby was in the vehicle
- Zelenskyy quip, Trump conspiracy claim top 2022 notable quote list
- Frustration swirls in House GOP over McCarthy Speakership opposition
- Georgia loss fuels GOP divisions over Trump
- UK royals brace as Harry-Meghan documentary promises ‘full truth’