According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Tsunami warning issued after 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska
- Kirstie Alley defends Trump vote, responds to ‘nasty people’
- Erie County Department of Health discourages indoor Halloween activities, suggests alternatives to trick-or-treating
- New York City Voter Guide
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings