NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — A man is in serious condition after being hit by a car Tuesday night, according to the Niagara Falls Police Department.
Around 5:03 p.m., police say they responded to the intersection of 19th Street and Elmwood Avenue to investigate a crash involving a vehicle and an unidentified pedestrian.
The pedestrian is described as an approximately 60-year-old Black man who is about 6-feet tall.
Police say a 37-year-old Niagara Falls woman, driving a 2022 Hyundia Sonata, was making a left hand turn onto Elmwood Avenue, when her vehicle struck a pedestrian who was crossing at the intersection.
According to police, the pedestrian was hit with the passenger side of the vehicle and rolled onto the hood before striking the ground. He was taken to ECMC for treatment of a serious head injury and is in the ICU under guarded condition.
Anyone with any information regarding the incident or the identity of the pedestrian is asked to call the NFPD Traffic Division at 716-286-4563 or the information line at 716-286-4711.
- House GOP tees up first hearing on Biden’s COVID response
- Niagara Falls man sentenced on multiple rape, gun charges
- Scott pushes plan to prioritize certain payments if debt limit bill stalls
- Republican congressman calls for nationwide social media ban for kids, teens
- Watchdog knocks NIH oversight of alliance that oversaw funds to Wuhan lab