BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo police say an arrest has been made in connection to a hit-and-run that left a pedestrian seriously injured.
At approximately 4:40 a.m. Saturday, police say they responded to a call of an accident with injury on the 1500 block of Broadway where, they say, a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle.
According to police, the striking vehicle fled the scene and the victim sustained serious physical injuries.
Police say the striking vehicle was later located by Cheektowaga police and 47-year-old Rinaldo Pearson of Buffalo was apprehended.
Pearson was charged with one count of driving while intoxicated and one count of leaving the scene of an accident with injury.
The accident remains under investigation.
- Biden: Nashville school shooting ‘a family’s worst nightmare’
- Nashville school shooter IDed as 28-year-old woman, former student: Here’s what we know
- ‘It’s very tragic’: Woman recounts what she heard during Nashville school shooting
- FBI data shows why female suspect makes Nashville school shooting unusual
- Pro-DeSantis super PAC hires another former Trump aide
Emily Miller is a digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2022. See more of her work here.