ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB)- Orchard Park gym Athletes Unleashed is now allowed to reopen at full capacity after a ruling from the State Supreme Court.
According to attorney Paul Cambria, Judge Paul Wojtaszek struck down the 25% capacity rule specifically for the gym.
Gym owner Robby Dinero has been fighting with the state since November when the county slapped him with a $15,000 fine for defying government COVID orders to shut down his business and getting into a confrontation with sheriff’s deputies and an inspector for the health department trying to close him down.
Video of that incident went viral and Dinero went on Fox News and announced the fine ripping it up on air.
Robby spoke with News 4 about being granted the full capacity.
“He picked a fight with the working man, and the working woman. Does he think he’s gonna win? Does Governor Cuomo or Polancarz, do they really think they can prevent a working man and woman or a United States Marine, from doing what they want to do? It’s never gonna happen.”
This ruling applies specifically to Dinero’s gym.
State Supreme Court Justice Paul Wojtaszek is expected to rule on the constitutionality of Cuomo’s actions in February.
- SOURCES: Williamsville Schools plan in-person learning return for end of April pending COVID transmission rates
- WNY schools review new NYS guidance, look ahead to bringing students back to the classroom
- Protestors make the case for reopening of northern border during Buffalo rally
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report
- Shipwreck discovery shines light on Buffalo treasure