BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) The Buffalo Common Council voted to rename a portion of Fillmore Ave to Black Lives Matter Way Tuesday.
This comes after Buffalo teen Mekhi Edwards penned a two-page letter to the Common Council, asking that a city street be designated for Black Lives Matter back in June.
The street will run from Fillmore Avenue and Main Street to Fillmore and Seneca Street.
Kelly Khatib is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2019. See more of her work here.
- State police performing tests on AMBER Alert system on Wednesday
- New York’s new seatbelt law goes into effect November 1
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day
- The NY 23rd Congressional District Debate
- Lancaster tops Canisius 3-2 in PK