BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) The Buffalo Common Council voted to rename a portion of Fillmore Ave to Black Lives Matter Way Tuesday.
This comes after Buffalo teen Mekhi Edwards penned a two-page letter to the Common Council, asking that a city street be designated for Black Lives Matter back in June.
The street will run from Fillmore Avenue and Main Street to Fillmore and Seneca Street.
Kelly Khatib is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2019. See more of her work here.
- McQuaid Jesuit hands St. Joe’s baseball its first loss of the season
- Tennessee man accused of stealing $1.7M from woman with dementia by posing as son
- 5 U.S. colleges make top 10 list of best universities in the world
- Sen. Gillibrand makes the case for permanent free school lunches
- Josh Reed breaks down the Buffalo Bills’ 2021 schedule