(WIVB) – Erie County has set a new daily record for COVID-19 cases.
The Erie County Department of Health confirmed 948 positive cases for Dec. 1, with a daily positivity rate of 10.4 percent. This is the highest single-day total of any point in the pandemic.
According to Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz, 4,519 total new cases were confirmed over the past seven days.
Correction: A previous version of this story misstated the record. 948 cases is a single-day high for the county.
- COVID-19 vaccines can add an extra day to women’s menstrual cycles
- New York State COVID update on Saturday, Jan. 15
- Are N95 masks safe for children?
- Website for ordering free COVID test kits launches next week, White House says
- Some COVID patients still infectious after more than 2 months, study warns