ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB)– Governor Andrew Cuomo is detailing New York’s plan to distribute a COVID-19 vaccine.
The first phase of people who can get a vaccine are health care workers who work with patients, long-term care facility workers, and long-term facility residents.
Top priority goes to those groups that live in areas with a high COVID-19 infection rate. Cuomo stressed the federal government still needs to help.
“States cannot do this on their own ok. Period. This is a massive undertaking this is a larger operational undertaking I would argue that anything we have done during covid to date.”
Cuomo says New York might need to administer up to 40-million dose.
- Watkins Glen sanctuary hosts Thanksgiving meal for turkeys
- Western New York residents react to adjusting Thanksgiving plans amid the pandemic
- Buffalo City Mission delivers over 5,000 dinners across WNY
- AAA predicts 10% decline in Thanksgiving travel
- Catholic Diocese of Buffalo weighs in on Supreme Court ruling backing religious organizations