ALBANY, N.Y. (WIVB)– Governor Andrew Cuomo is detailing New York’s plan to distribute a COVID-19 vaccine.
The first phase of people who can get a vaccine are health care workers who work with patients, long-term care facility workers, and long-term facility residents.
Top priority goes to those groups that live in areas with a high COVID-19 infection rate. Cuomo stressed the federal government still needs to help.
“States cannot do this on their own ok. Period. This is a massive undertaking this is a larger operational undertaking I would argue that anything we have done during covid to date.”
Cuomo says New York might need to administer up to 40-million dose.
- Owners of Mexican restaurant in Niagara Falls plead guilty in trafficking case
- Erie County Sheriff’s Office addresses state allegations for first time
- Twitter introduces ‘Tip Jar’ that allows you to pay users for tweets
- Biden supports waiving COVID vaccine patent rights
- BestSelf Behavioral Health and Child Advocacy Center plan move to an expanded facility in downtown Buffalo