BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Anchor Bar’s first on-campus college location opened the Friday before the start of classes at Buffalo State.
Glenn Bucello, resident district manager of Chartwells Dining Services on campus, says they ran through about 2,200 wings in the first week.
“The response has been amazing so far – it far exceeded our expectations for the week,” Bucello said.
The Anchor Bar is located inside of Campbell Student Union. It serves a reduced menu with several flavors of wings, chicken tenders, boneless wings, meatless wings, and beef on weck.
It will offer students from out of the area a chance to sample Buffalo classics on campus.
“Anchor Bar is a name everyone in Buffalo knows, but outside of Buffalo, not as many know it,” Bucello added. “To be able to introduce a Buffalo legend right here at Buffalo State is incredible.”
Kaley Lynch is a digital reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2016. See more of her work here.
4 The Web Exclusive
- International Institute of Buffalo is hosting “Buffalo Without Borders TO GO” over next three weeks
- From rockstar to scare actor: Robby Takac of the Goo Goo Dolls to make cameo in Angola haunted attraction
- Iron Tail Tavern in the Elmwood Village is back open for business
- New Clarksburg Cider taproom is serving up hand-crafted cider in Lancaster
- Former Bills fullback shares his tale of going from a farm to the NFL field in new book