ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB)–Starting Monday, officials will begin to enforce the state’s plastic bag ban.
The ban went into effect on March 1 but was delayed due to a lawsuit in the state supreme court.
The Department of Environmental Conservation continues to encourage New Yorkers to use reusable bags wherever and whenever they shop.
People throughout the state use about 23 billion plastic bags per year, for only about 12 minutes at a time.
- Rochester-area Bills fan who painted house “Bills blue” will be featured in Pepsi billboards, commercial
- VIDEOS: WNY fall foliage as seen from the sky
- West Seneca police looking for driver of abandoned truck
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate