BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)–People outraged over new COVID-19 restrictions are taking their complaints directly to the Erie County Executive.
Demonstrators held a protest around Mark Poloncarz’s home in North Buffalo Sunday.
They say they’re sick of the restrictions, accusing the county executive and Governor Cuomo of being a tyrants.
Ahead of the protests, Poloncarz said this would not affect the county’s resolve to protect the public from COVID-19.
I am aware of a loud protest planned for tomorrow (11/22) at 9:30 am to target my house and my immediate neighborhood. I am posting this now so my neighbors are aware.— Mark Poloncarz (@markpoloncarz) November 21, 2020
Please read my statement on this and their despicable reference to "internment camps" and "dress up as slaves." pic.twitter.com/0itDFwrDYo
Poloncarz thanked the Buffalo Police Department for their protection and apologized to his neighbors.
- Unexpectedly Ausome: How A Buffalo mom is helping others through their journey with autism
- Meghan Markle describes anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Even with federal aid, tax increases ‘on the table’ for NY, Cuomo warns
- Buffalo Cereal Shop celebrates National Cereal Day
- Cuomo: ‘I’m not going to resign because of allegations’