WASHINGTON (AP) – The Supreme Court has rejected Republicans’ last-gasp bid to reverse Pennsylvania’s certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the electoral battleground.
The court without comment Tuesday refused to call into question the certification process in Pennsylvania.
Gov. Tom Wolf already has certified Biden’s victory and the state’s 20 electors are to meet on Dec. 14 to cast their votes for Biden.
Biden won 306 electoral votes, so even if Pennsylvania’s results had been in doubt, he still would have more than the 270 electoral votes needed to become president.
- HBO is reportedly developing a ‘Harry Potter’ TV series
- Inspector general probes if Justice Department officials tried to overturn election results
- Buffalo Police officers need to display last name on uniform, unless during protest
- Buffalo man sentenced for 2018 crash that injured Buffalo police officers
- ‘Fund our Future:’ NYSUT launches statewide campaign calling for taxes on ultrawealthy