ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — It’s hard to believe but football is back! And with the first preseason game comes some changes.
Game-day traffic patterns will be in effect on Thursday as the Bills take on the Indianapolis Colts at New Era Field at 7 p.m. Prior to that, road closures will begin in the area.
- 1:45 p.m. Abbott Rd. will be closed to vehicle traffic between the entrance to Lot 4 (north end of closure) and Lot 2 (south end of closure.)
- 3 p.m. New Era Field parking lots will open.
- 5:30 p.m. Stadium gates will open.
- 9 p.m. The westbound side of Route 20A (Big Tree Rd.) will be closed from Abbott Rd. to the Route 219 overpass.
Any vehicles leaving the stadium or private lots along Route 20A will have to drive east.
As an extra reminder, there are new traffic patterns along I-90 (between routes 400 and 219) and Route 5 due to construction, lane closures and shifts along the roads.
Traffic is expected to be heavy on Thursday, especially with the Erie County Fair underway, so the Erie County Sheriff’s Office is urging people to plan for extra time when heading to New Era Field.
The NFL is making the shift to mobile, so Bills’ staff encourages you to use your phone as your ticket this season. Here’s some things you need to know, regarding mobile ticketing.
- Bar code changes every 15 seconds
- Screen shots or photos of ticket will NOT work
- Use My One Buffalo or Bills Mobile App
- Download your ticket to Apple Wallet to save time
It is also the 18th Annual Kids Day.
- $2 hot dogs, Pepsi products and water
- Dedicated kids tailgate in lot 6
- Games, food trucks and music
For more information on tailgating, security and any other questions head here.