ROME (AP) — Pope Francis is expected to be discharged on Saturday from the Rome hospital where he is being treated for bronchitis, the Vatican said.
Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said in a written statement on Friday that the pope’s recovery has been “normal” and that he ate a pizza Thursday for dinner.
Francis, 86, was hospitalized on Wednesday at Gemelli Polyclinic, where doctors said the pontiff was receiving antibiotics intravenously to treat his bronchitis.
- May Scholar-Athlete: Randolph’s Carson Conley
- Heavy police presence in Town of Tonawanda, officer to ECMC
- All 15 members of Nardin Board of Trustees removed
- Bandits lose in Colorado, decisive game of NLL Finals in Buffalo on Saturday night
- Trump escalates attacks on judges amid increasing legal scrutiny
The hospitalization came four days before Palm Sunday, the start of Holy Week.