Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Two-time breast cancer survivor gives message of hope
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- Restaurants look for relief ahead of winter months
- Melania Trump cancels trip to Pennsylvania rally because of COVID cough