SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Infectious disease expert weighs in on J&J vaccine as FDA gives it green light
- Restaurants in Old First Ward expect to lose business St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Erie County Democratic Party endorses Brian Gould for Erie Co. Sheriff
- Le’Candice Durham enters Buffalo mayoral race
- NY Assemblyman calls on state to increase maximum gym capacity