SRI LANKA (CNN) — An elephant trampled and injured at least 17 people at a festival in Sri Lanka Saturday.
The incident occurred at a 119-year-old procession honoring the sacred Relic of the tooth of Buddha. According to CNN, one of the elephants was spooked during the procession, which startled another.
Seventeen people were taken to the hospital with unspecified injuries.
The parade continued after the incident.
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- PHOTOS: Trump formally nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Rochester names Cynthia Herriott-Sullivan new interim Chief of Police
- North Tonawanda woman still suffering from lingering effects of COVID-19
- First slow roll held since member was struck during protest