ERIE COUNTY, N.Y. (WIVB)– Pride Week is underway and while Buffalo’s annual parade isn’t happening, there are plenty of ways for you to still show your Pride!
The Queen City is holding virtual and in-person events in the week that begins Pride Month where you can support the LGBTQ+ community and its’ allies.
Pride flags were raised across Erie and Niagara counties, June 2nd to kick off the month in celebration.
- Home Sweet Pride -June 1 – June 6: Organizers say this “reverse parade” will see local businesses and houses decorated with rainbow colors in a show of solidarity. You can share a photo of your decorations on social media with the hashtag #buffaloprideweek and tag @buffaloprideweek.
- Explore &More Pride Celebration– June 1 – June 6: This reverse parade is free of charge and guests are encouraged to visit the museum’s Facebook page for storytimes that celebrate the beauty and diversity of the LGBTQIA+ community!
- Niagara Pride’s LGBTQ+ Rainbow Garden-June 5, 11 p.m. – 4 p.m. 444 3rd St Niagara Falls: This family-friendly event is the perfect opportunity to cultivate a love for gardening.
- WNY Shopping With Pride- June 4th – June 12th : 35 businesses will be donating a portion of sales to Niagara Pride. For a full list of merchants, head here.
- Pride Vigil at Unitarian Universalist Church of East Aurora-June 2 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.54 Buffalo Road East Aurora.
- Molina Healthcare Pride Pop Up-June 2, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. 446 Main Street Buffalo: Stop by for some fun and free information with music, dancing in celebration of Pride Week. There will be reps on-site to assist anyone who needs to enroll or recertify for health insurance.
- Song of Myself– June 6, 1 p.m. 255 Great Arrow Avenue Suite 200 Buffalo: Buffalo Art Movement (BAM!) is honoring LGBTQ+ artists from WNY who throughout history have created a body of work that celebrates queer identity. Guests are encouraged to make a reservation before visiting the gallery.
- Pride in the Park- June 6th, 10:30 a.m. – 5.p.m. Memorial Park in Hamburg.
- Jamestown Pride Fest- June 12, 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. 313 North Main Street Jamestown, 14701. For more information, head here.
- You can also show your support by grabbing a cold one! Community Beer Works recently unveiled its’ Pride Ale, a hazy and juicy ale for all. $1 from every four-pack will be donated directly to the Pride Center of WNY.