BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A day before Small Business Saturday, the West Side Bazaar had its cash registers stolen after a burglary. Police say the suspects broke in by smashing the front window.
“The community has always been so good to us, it was really sad for that to happen,” said Carolynn Welch, executive director of Westminster Economic Development Initiative. “But, you know, I do have to say, it is amazing the amount of support we’re receiving right now from the community. People are donating, coming to Small Business Saturday and showing their support, so we’re really thankful for the community.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the tip line at (716) 847-2255. This local business says though the break-in was unexpected, its employees are grateful for the support they’re receiving.
New on WIVB.com
- MVHS employees appeal for kindness and respect amid pandemic
- Villa Maria College covering the cost of students’ books and supplies
- Jefferson County parents charged after 9-month-old found burned
- Two-thirds of COVID vaccine side-effects are just a placebo effect, study says
- Telecommunications attorney talks 5G and what it could mean for the Buffalo Airport