BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A day before Small Business Saturday, the West Side Bazaar had its cash registers stolen after a burglary. Police say the suspects broke in by smashing the front window.
“The community has always been so good to us, it was really sad for that to happen,” said Carolynn Welch, executive director of Westminster Economic Development Initiative. “But, you know, I do have to say, it is amazing the amount of support we’re receiving right now from the community. People are donating, coming to Small Business Saturday and showing their support, so we’re really thankful for the community.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the tip line at (716) 847-2255. This local business says though the break-in was unexpected, its employees are grateful for the support they’re receiving.
New on WIVB.com
- Make-A-Wish Radiothon: Evening interviews from Thursday
- ‘We are devastated’: Helicopter tour shows catastrophic damage after Hurricane Ian
- Dietary supplement recalled over undisclosed erectile dysfunction drug
- Ask the Mayor: Brown addresses visit to Washington, Hurricane Ian, Bills
- Where WNY high school teams rank in the state