The National Buffalo Wing Festival will take place once again at Coca-Cola Field on September 1-2.
Last year, more than 50,000 people from all 50 states and 44 different countries attended the festival.
More than 100 styles of chicken wings will be available at this year’s event, being served by restaurants from across the country.
Here are some other features of this year’s festival:
- Mechanical chicken wing ride, similar to a mechanical bull
- Buffalo Ninja Challenge
- VIP Party Deck
- Chicken Wing 5K – Sept. 2 at 11 a.m.
- Craft beer corner, featuring local breweries
- Eating competitions – Sept. 1 at 6 p.m. and Sept. 2 at 5 p.m.
- Amateur sauce-off competition
- Miss Buffalo Wing Pageant and Baby Wing Contest
- Bobbing for Wings competition, Sept. 1 at 3 p.m.
- Live music
The festival goes from 12-9 p.m. on Sept. 1 and 12-7 p.m. on Sept. 2.
Admission for the event costs five dollars per person. Kids who are eight years old or younger can get in for free.
Coca-Cola Field is located at 275 Washington St. in Buffalo.