AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB) — Drake, the Toronto native who is arguably one of the most well-known hip-hop artists on the planet, made a reference to western New York in one of his newest songs.
In the closing track of Certified Lover Boy, which was released on Friday, the rapper makes mention of Daemen College.
The song is called “The Remorse.” Early on in the track, Drake says “Daemen College booking me to pull and speak the facts.”
Daemen College took note of this, saying it’s a reference to Drake’s performance at the school in 2009 “before he was well-known.”
The 34-year-old’s success has continued to grow over the last decade. He’s won four Grammy Awards, and been nominated for 47.
To hear the song, click or tap the link below.
WARNING: This song contains explicit lyrics.
YouTube | Drake – “The Remorse”
- Photos: Not your normal Emmy ceremony
- US lawmakers concerned about negative impact Instagram has on teens’ mental health
- Borderland Festival wraps up two days of music
- WNY fundraiser aims to bring awareness to youth mental health
- Salamanca schools closed Monday after “violent threat” made against students and school