TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department had fun mocking a banana ‘art piece’ that sold for over $100,000 in Miami last week with a display of their own.
“Tampa’s finest piece of art work is on display at Tampa Police Department,” they posted to their Facebook page. “The city’s most elite artist, Chief Brian Dugan, called this a ‘one of a kind’ piece.”
The asking price starts at $200,000.
The department is having a go at the banana duct taped to a wall ‘art work’ having sold for $120K at a Miami art show last week.
Maybe TPD isn’t joking. Perhaps it’s a smart move trying to capitalize on the taped food trend.
- NFL Players on COVID-19 List: Sunday, August 9th
- Buffalo Police investigating two overnight shootings in Buffalo
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no-fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Bulk Trash Week starts Monday for Buffalo’s Masten District
- Buffalo Police looking for missing 12-year-old