TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department had fun mocking a banana ‘art piece’ that sold for over $100,000 in Miami last week with a display of their own.
“Tampa’s finest piece of art work is on display at Tampa Police Department,” they posted to their Facebook page. “The city’s most elite artist, Chief Brian Dugan, called this a ‘one of a kind’ piece.”
The asking price starts at $200,000.
The department is having a go at the banana duct taped to a wall ‘art work’ having sold for $120K at a Miami art show last week.
Maybe TPD isn’t joking. Perhaps it’s a smart move trying to capitalize on the taped food trend.
- Residents gather to hear lawmakers solution for the Amigone crematorium
- Totally Buffalo Store hosts ‘Mother’s Day Market’ for last-minute shoppers
- Donation to Jamestown PD affords them a bomb-sniffing K9
- Moviegoers excited to get their tickets as four WNY Regal theaters reopen
- Quakers blank Red Devils to advance to Section VI championship