MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Calling hours for auto sales giant Billy Fuccillo this Thursday; attendees must wear mask
- Man sentenced to prison time for possessing more than 150 bags of fentanyl
- USA Gymnastics trying to move past Nassar as Trials begin
- Palace: Japan emperor ‘worried’ about Olympics amid pandemic
- Gov. Cuomo signs Gender Recognition Act into law on 10th anniversary of Marriage Equality Act