(WIVB) — A number of events will be happening this week to mark the twentieth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Here is a list of them:
Friday, September 10
- Getzville – 9/11 memorial liturgy at St. Pius X Church – 7 p.m.
- Olean – Memorial service at St. Bonaventure University’s 9/11 Memorial near the Swan Business Center – 12:20 p.m.
Saturday, September 11
- Amherst – 20th anniversary commemoration event at Amherst Memorial Hill Grove along the Ellicott Creek Bike Path – 9 a.m.
- Ceremony at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park – 8:30 a.m.
- Bisons offering free tickets for first responders, active military members and veterans for Sept. 11 game – 6:05 p.m.
- Flag tribute at Kleinhans Music Hall – 9 a.m.
- Remembrance ceremony at the Scajaquada Expressway pedestrian bridge – 8:30 a.m.
- Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra honors America’s heroes in 20th anniversary September 11 tribute performance at Kleinhans Music Hall – 7:30 p.m.
- Cheektowaga – Tunnel to Towers 5K at Bellevue Fire Company – 10:30 a.m.
- Lewiston – 9/11 remembrance ceremony at the Niagara University flag pole between Alumni Chapel and Glynn Hall – 9 a.m.
- Niagara Falls – 9/11 tribute at Royale Avenue Fire Station – 9:58 a.m.
- Tonawanda – Remembrance ceremony at the Tonawanda Fire Department headquarters (44 William St.) – 9:45 a.m.
- Sullivan: High schooler Clayton Pike climbs through adversity in 9/11 tribute to firefighters
- Western New Yorkers look to a variety of ways to honor the lives lost on 9/11
- City of Niagara Falls fire station pauses for moment of silence
- Amherst residents gather to remember those lost on 9/11
- Buffalo Naval and Military Park raise the 9/11 Flag of Honor at memorial ceremony