BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — On the ice at Riverworks, players are having much better luck than the Sabres.
We’re six days into the 11-Day Power Play, and organizers are almost at their goal.
The players have raised more than $1.9 million for Roswell Park and other cancer-related causes. This year, organizers want to raise $2 million for the cause.
They’re also expected to break the Guinness World Record for the longest hockey game.
The 11-Day Power Play skates until Thanksgiving Eve, which is next Wednesday.
- Report: Political operative Steve Pigeon accused of molesting child, arraignment expected Thursday
- Lancaster runs away in second half to beat WSW 77-38
- Man undergoes heart surgery, wins $1M prize from lottery ticket in get-well card
- Capacity reaches its limit at Albany hospitals, leaders plan limits to elective procedures
- Local typewriter collector exchanges letters with fellow enthusiast Tom Hanks