BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — New renderings of the planned venue to replace Highmark Stadium are in.
The Buffalo Bills released new images of the plan for the team’s future home on Monday morning. Currently, the multi-year construction plan calls for the new stadium to be built across the street from the current one on Abbott Road in Orchard Park.
The construction project, which is estimated to cost approximately $1.4 billion, is expected to begin later this year and wrap up in 2026.
Funding for the new stadium was broken down into the following sources:
- Buffalo Bills: $550 million
- Erie County: $250 million
- New York State: $600 million
See previous renderings of the new stadium here.
Bills Stadium Deal
- Delaware North will not be in charge of food at new Bills stadium
- What’s next for Orchard Park in stadium deal?
- DONE DEAL: New Bills stadium gets final governmental approval, construction can begin
- Erie County Legislature expected to vote on Bills stadium deal
- Does Bills stadium deal lock the team into Buffalo?
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.