ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WIVB) — Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer says federal money could be used toward projects related to the new Bills stadium.
The Bills are asking for a new stadium in Orchard Park that would cost $1.4 billion.
The state is also looking at a site on South Park Avenue near Louisiana Street.
Sen. Schumer says money from an infrastructure bill can’t be used directly on the stadium. But he says it could be used on related projects.
“The infrastructure money cannot be used on stadiums, but it can be used on roads,” Schumer says. “All the infrastructure that you need if there is a new stadium. Obviously, you’re going to have to build a whole new highway system, and I would add that would all be built with union labor.”
Sen. Schumer says he’ll do everything he can to support a new stadium.
- Wendy’s removes romaine lettuce from sandwiches amid E. coli outbreak
- New estimate projects cost of raising a child at $310K
- ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ spin-off reportedly in the works; will be an alternate story
- ‘We got him’: Florida trucker arrested in 1996 rape, murder of Michigan woman
- How to get ‘free’ Sam’s Club, Costco memberships