BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Bills quarterback Josh Allen could add an individual award to the trophy case at the end of the year. Allen earned a spot on the list of finalists for the NFL’s Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award.
According to the NFL’s communications website, it’s an award given to the player that best represents sportsmanship in regards to fair play, respect for the game and opponents and integrity in competition.
Allen is one of eight finalists around the league. Others include New England wide receiver Matthew Slater, Miami defensive end Jason McCourty and Minnesota wide receiver Adam Thielen.
This is the first time Allen’s been nominated for the award. The league will announce the winner as part of NFL Honors night on February 10, 2022.
Paul Stockman is a sports reporter who joined the News 4 team in 2020. See more of his work here.
- Bills QB Josh Allen declines to be an alternate in the Pro Bowl
- Bills GM Brandon Beane echos comments about keeping Josh Allen ‘in the loop’ on potential OC hire
- Chiefs fan that got hammered by Stefon Diggs faces up to 6 months in jail for running onto field
- DA: Fake vaccine cards used at Bills playoff game land felony charges for West Seneca couple
- Report: Bills DC Leslie Frazier to have second interview with Giants