SHREVEPORT, La. (WIVB) — After Bills All-Pro cornerback Tre’Davious White suffered a season-ending ACL tear during the team’s Thanksgiving Day victory over the New Orleans Saints, BillsMafiaBabes on Twitter encouraged Bills Mafia to donate to the Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana (FBNWLA) in White’s name. Most did so in $27 increments, as an homage to the number White wears on his jersey.
“I am at a loss for words for what the Bills Mafia has done for my hometown,” White said via his agent Clinton Reyes. “It truly means the world to me to have my fans support me in this way, by giving back to my community.”
Martha Marak, Exexutive Director for FBNWLA thanked White and the Bills Mafia Babes for their generosity and support.
“These donations come at a time when food insecurity for our neighbors is high and our food inventory is low,” she said. “With the Food Bank’s resources, we will turn every $1 donated into $10 in food value… As it stands currently, the donations will provide $1,083,590 worth of food value — a number we are so grateful for. We look forward to continuing the fight to end hunger together.”
New on WIVB.com
- Catholic Charities to reveal goal of 2022 Appeal on Wednesday
- Buffalo airport snow record for January 17 nearly doubles
- NY Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. exhibition receives record-breaking number of submissions
- NHL Black Hockey History Tour coming to Buffalo in March
- Rochester family attacked with hockey stick near Blue Cross Arena