SEATTLE (AP) — Jordan Eberle had the first hat trick in franchise history by scoring three goals in less than 10 minutes of the second and third periods, and the Seattle Kraken beat the Buffalo Sabres 5-2.
The loss capped a long, emotional day for the Sabres that began with the trade of former captain Jack Eichel to the Vegas Golden Knights and ended with Buffalo’s third straight loss on its West Coast swing.
Seattle snapped a two-game losing streak as Eberle posted the fourth hat trick of his career.
- Sabres can’t keep up with Seattle, fall 7-4 to Kraken
- Sabres fall to Red Wings in OT, 3-2
- Thompson scores two goals, Sabres top Canadiens 4-1
- Bruins score 4 goals in 1st period, beat Sabres 5-1
- Sullivan: Canisius hockey’s Keaton Mastrodonato has large ambitions for Griffs – and they’re dreaming big for him, too