BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Buffalo Sabres General Manager Kevyn Adams and coach Don Granato held their season-ending press conference Wednesday morning.
The Sabres had their best season in over a decade, finishing with a 44-33-7 record for 91 points, though it still wasn’t good enough to make the playoffs. An exciting end to the season left them one point behind the final Wild Card position, extending their NHL-record playoff drought to 12 seasons.
The Sabres were led by Tage Thompson’s 47 goals and 94 points, while Alex Tuch, Jeff Skinner and Dylan Cozens all topped 30 goals and Rasmus Dahlin logged 58 assists. Rookie goalie Devin Levi impressed late in the year and could be the goaltender of the future.
Captain Kyle Okposo is set to become an unrestricted free agent, as is veteran Zemgus Girgensons and Vinnie Hinostroza.
You can view Granato and Adams’ full press conferences above.
Latest Sabres News
- 8 former Sabres on rosters of Stanley Cup Final teams
- Sabres sign D prospect Ryan Johnson, final piece from Ryan O’Reilly trade
- Five Sabres to play for medals at Ice Hockey World Championship
- Kyle Okposo: ‘Unfinished business’ compels Sabres captain’s comeback
- Sabres re-sign captain Kyle Okposo to 1-year, $2.5M deal
- Sabres’ top prospect Matt Savoie to make AHL debut Thursday
- Handful of Sabres to play in IIHF World Championship
* * *
Nick Veronica is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team as the Digital Executive Producer in 2021. He previously worked at NBC Sports and The Buffalo News. You can follow Nick on Facebook and Twitter and find more of his work here.