BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Anaheim’s Trevor Zegras and Sonny Milano teamed up for one of the best goals of the NHL season leading the Ducks to a 2-0 win over the Sabres.
Zegras scooped the puck on to the blade of his stick and flipped an alley-oop pass over the net to Milano who swatted it in.
“It’s a high-skilled play from a skilled player. You don’t see that very often, so it’s not easy to be ready for, either,” Sabres forward Rasmus Asplund said after the game.
Goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen made his season debut for the Sabres and stopped 21 of 23 shots. In the other net, Anthony Stolarz stopped all 25 shots he faced to secure a shutout.
The Sabres were 0-3 on the power play.
Next game: Friday vs Rangers at KeyBank Center
Josh Reed is an award-winning journalist who has served as News 4’s Sports Director since 2015. See more of his work here.
New on WIVB.com
- Krebs nets first two career NHL goals in 6-3 Sabres win
- Bars and restaurants along Chippewa street expect a busy Sunday during Bills playoff game
- Cheektowaga Central students to head to Special Olympics
- Bills fans head to airport for team sendoff
- Seneca Nation language department shares support for Bills