BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The New York State high school football Far West Regional games have been rescheduled and moved due to an impending winter storm hitting Western New York, the NYSPHSAA announced Wednesday.
All five Far West Regional games between the Section VI and Section V champions were originally slated to be played either Friday or Saturday at neutral sites, but will now be played Monday and Tuesday at the home fields of each Section V team.
The updated schedule is as followed:
- Class AA: Bennett at McQuaid, 6 p.m. Monday
- Class A: Jamestown at Hilton, 6 p.m. Monday
- Class B: Iroquois at Batavia, 6 p.m. Monday
- Class C: Lackawanna at Attica, 6 p.m. Tuesday
- Class D: Randolph vs. Oakfield-Alabama/Elba, 6 p.m. Monday, at SUNY Brockport
The move comes as a lake-effect snowstorm is projected to drop potentially two feet of snow in areas around Western New York later this week.
Adam Gorski is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team in 2022. You can find more of his work here.