NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) — This weekend, 16 local high school baseball teams will play at Niagara Falls High School, and it’s all to help a Depew coach battling ALS.
The first-ever WNY Athletics Baseball Day fundraiser will kick off at 10 a.m., with the first games starting half an hour later. Throughout the day, players will compete in eight games on two baseball diamonds.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Depew varsity baseball coach Dennis Crawley and his family. Crawley is the 27th member of his family to be diagnosed with ALS, which is the acronym for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis — a debilitating nervous system disease.
Thursday morning on Wake Up, event organizer Tom Prince joined us to talk about the fundraiser. Hear what he shared in the video player above.
- Bad news for the 2022 hurricane season: The Loop Current, a fueler of monster storms, is looking a lot like it did in 2005, the year of Katrina
- See the 10 cheapest, most expensive US airports to fly from
- Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaks to congregation at True Bethel Baptist Church
- How hackers get your password
- Are you smarter than a high schooler? Get paid $1K to see if you can score higher on SAT