BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Randolph’s girls basketball team secured its second Section VI Class C championship in three seasons Saturday with a 54-46 win against Wilson at Jamestown Community College.
Kyra Pence had 20 points, surpassing 1,000 for her career, to lead top-seeded Randolph (19-4). Peyton Morrison added 14 points. Rian Faery led Wilson (19-4) with 17 points.
Randolph, ranked No. 2 in the state in Class C, advances to Far West Regionals on Saturday at Buffalo State.
The Cardinals boys basketball team also won the sectional championship in Class C.
- Who’s hooping on WNY’s all-star weekend?
- March male scholar athlete: Williamsville East’s Luca Buscaglia
- Two Starpoint students charged tied to alleged wrestling team misconduct
- March female scholar athlete: Iroquois’ Sydney Kosnik
- Randolph wins first state championship in boys basketball, girls advance to title game
Jonah Bronstein joined the News 4 roster in 2022 as a digital sports reporter. Read more of his work here.