BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The Bills have finished selecting players in the 2022 NFL Draft. This page has been updated with the Bills’ picks.
The Bills traded up two spots in Round 1, from 25th overall to 23rd, and selected Florida cornerback Kaiir Elam in the first round of the NFL Draft. On Friday, the Bills traded back and selected a running back and a linebacker.
Bills 2022 draft picks by round
1st round, 23rd overall: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
The Bills traded up two spots, sending the Ravens picks #25 and #130 for #23.
2nd round, 63rd overall: James Cook, RB, Georgia
The Bills initially traded back three spots, sending Tampa #57 for #60 and #180 (first pick of Rd. 6).
Then the Bills traded back again, sending Cincinnati #60 for #63 and #209 (Rd. 6).
3rd round, 89th overall: Terrel Bernard, LB, Baylor
4th round: No pick, traded away to move up in first round
The Bills traded for pick #148, sending Chicago #168 and #203.
5th round, 148th overall: Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State
6th round, 180th overall: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State
6th round, 185th overall: Christain Benford, CB, Villanova
6th round, 209th overall: Luke Tenuta, OT, Virginia Tech
7th round, 231st overall: Baylon Spector, LB, Clemson
Latest Bills coverage
- Jessica Pegula reveals mother Kim’s bout with cardiac arrest in June
- Josh Allen tied for 4th at Pebble Beach, 6 strokes back of Aaron Rodgers’ group
- In honor of Damar Hamlin, NFL will offer free CPR training during Super Bowl week
- 10 ways the Bills can save salary cap space to add pieces and finally win a Super Bowl
- Bills hire Joe Danna to coach safeties
- “Damar’s Law” would require AEDs at school sporting events in Hamlin’s home state
- Remembering Some Guys: Jerry Butler
- Josh Allen not playing in Pro Bowl, golfing instead
- WNY connections to Super Bowl LVII between Chiefs, Eagles
- 3 more Bills named to Pro Bowl, bringing total to 8
Complete list of 2022 first-round picks
- Jacksonville: Travon Walker, DE, Georgia
- Detroit: Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan
- Houston: Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU
- N.Y. Jets: Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
- N.Y. Giants: Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon
- Carolina: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, N.C. State
- N.Y. Giants (from CHI): Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
- Atlanta: Drake London, WR, USC
- Seattle (from DEN): Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
- N.Y. Jets (from SEA): Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
- New Orleans* (from WAS): Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
- Detroit* (from MIN): Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
- Philadelphia* (from CLE via HOU): Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
- Baltimore: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
- Houston* (from MIA via PHI): Kenyon Green, OG, Texas A&M
- Washington (from IND via PHI and NO): Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn State
- L.A. Chargers: Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
- Tennessee* (from NO via PHI): Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
- New Orleans (from PHI): Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
- Pittsburgh: Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
- Kansas City* (from NE): Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
- Green Bay (from LV): Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
- Buffalo* (from ARI via BAL): Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
- Dallas: Tyler Smith, OT, Tulsa
- Baltimore* (from BUF): Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa
- N.Y. Jets *(from TEN): Jermaine Johnson II, DE, Florida State
- Jacksonville* (from TB): Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
- Green Bay: Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia
- New England* (from SF via MIA and KC): Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga
- Kansas City: George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue
- Cincinnati: Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
- Minnesota* (from LAR via DET): Lewis Cine, S, Georgia
*Draft day trade
How to watch the draft
The draft is a three-day event. It will be live on ESPN and NFL Network. Round 1 is also on ABC.
Thursday: Round 1, 8 p.m.
Friday: Rounds 2-3, 7 p.m.
Saturday: Rounds 4-7, noon
Buffalo Kickoff Live draft shows
Mock Draft Special: Watch a replay and get the full results here.
Draft Special: Get prepped for the draft with BKL’s 30-minute special.
Draft Recap: 10:30 p.m. Sunday on CW 23 WNLO and WIVB.com, and 11:35 p.m. on WIVB.
Once the draft is over, the BKL crew will recap the weekend, introduce you to the new players, and tell you everything you need to know to sound smart at work on Monday.
Complete draft order (as of Thursday morning)
Have the Bills ever drafted 25th overall?
Yes, but not since the 1960s, before the AFL and NFL merged into one league. And back then, there were fewer teams, so 25th overall wasn’t in the first round. But the Bills did have success with their picks at 25.
Tackle Stew Barber (1961) was twice named first team All-Pro and made five Pro Bowls. Defensive back Butch Byrd (1964) made first team All-Pro three times and also made five Pro Bowls. Both players were on the Bills’ AFL championship teams in 1964 and ’65.
The Bills also drafted tackle Randy Jackson 25th overall in 1966, but he chose to play with Chicago in the NFL prior to the merger.
* * *
Nick Veronica is a Buffalo native who joined the News 4 team as a Digital Executive Producer in 2021. He previously worked at NBC Sports and The Buffalo News. You can follow Nick on Facebook and Twitter and find more of his work here.