WASHINGTON (WIVB) — A longtime Buffalo Starbucks employee and union organizer will speak before members of Congress Wednesday.
Michelle Eisen will testify before the House Education & Labor Committee during a hearing titled “In Solidarity: Removing Barriers to Organizing.”
Eisen has worked for the coffee giant for more than a decade and helped make the Elmwood Avenue store the first Starbucks in the country to successfully organize.
You can watch the hearing at 10:15 a.m. on Youtube.
New on WIVB.com
- Partnership helps students connect with law enforcement
- ‘I really could have died’: Athletic trainer saves student who collapsed at Illinois school dance
- Rescue made at Erie Basin Marina Tuesday night
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen reportedly hire divorce attorneys
- Woman accused of pushing 3-year-old into Lake Michigan now charged with murder