BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — On Thursday morning, we got to talk with ECMC’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Steven Cloud, about taking safe steps to protect yourself from injury on the ice.
One of those steps actually involves steps. During our conversation, Dr. Cloud encouraged people to take small steps on potentially risky surfaces and to wear shoes with good grip.
Dr. Cloud also encouraged people to look out for their neighbors.
“Let’s live up to our nickname of the City of Good Neighbors and help each other out,” he said during his appearance on Wake Up.
ROADS | Which roads are closed? See the list here.
WEATHER | Get the latest 4Warn Forecast here.
CLOSINGS | See all business and school closures and delays here.
OUTAGES | Find the latest updates on power outages here.
- Rare female lizards are ‘stress eating’ during flyovers at Colorado Army base: study
- Pepsi unveils new logo after 14 years
- Basic training without the yelling: Army recruits get a second chance
- WATCH: 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins, Hawaii authorities say
- Tuberville hold on military promotions splits Republicans, draws Pentagon ire
Evan Anstey is an Associated Press Award, JANY Award and Emmy-nominated digital producer who has been part of the News 4 team since 2015. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.