BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Mikayla Forsey is an extremely talented artist, despite being born with blindness, and she joined us on Wake Up! Friday morning to share her incredible artwork.
Kate Glaser with Hope Rises shared Mikayla’s story online and joined us Friday morning along with Mikayla’s mother Michele and art teacher Barb Runs.
Through her artwork, Mikayla’s mother told us the artist has been able to find and grow her independence.
You can check out Mikayla’s artwork on August 7 at the Niagara Arts and Cultural Center and at the Lewiston Art Festival on August 13 and 14.
Watch the first part of our interview in the video player above and the second below.
- ‘Refs had it out for us’: Chiefs lash out at officials after losing to Bills
- Man accused of stabbing Panda Express worker over food quality in Missouri
- Photos: Bighorn sheep gets stuck on roof of home in Colorado
- Giuliani to face Georgia poll workers as defamation case heads to trial
- Mama June says daughter Anna ‘Chickadee’ Cardwell has died at 29